Overnight Oats Recipe
As a cyclist there’s nothing better than a healthy high carb, low sugar breakfast before a morning ride, and one of our favourites is the classic ‘Overnight Oats’. This recipe can easily be adapted to different ingredients and different tastes.
Where possible we recommend using organic ingredients and whole foods as much as possible.
- 2-3 tbsp Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Some milk (nut milk works well, however any milk should work)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds
- 2-3 tbsp Natural organic yoghurt unflavoured or Kefir yoghurt (our favourite)
- 1tbsp Peanut butter
- 6-8 blueberries.
- Mix the dry ingredients (Oats, Flax seeds, Chia seeds, and Cinnamon) in a jam jar, glass tumbler, or similar receptacle.
- Add enough milk to cover the mixture and stir well to make sure there are no ‘dry pockets’.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning cover the oats with the Peanut butter
- Spoon on the yoghurt.
- Top with the Blueberries.
This method for overnight oats can be varied in a number of ways. We frequently add a few Goji berries to the oat mix before refrigerating. Replacing the peanut butter with a thin layer of mixed chop nuts also works because it gives the oats a little crunch. You can swap the blueberries out for raspberries or strawberries or your choice of fruit just don’t go overboard if your trying to keep the sugar down.
If you want to see this recipe being made ‘live’ then check out this video on our YouTube Channel. Or if you have a variation on this recipe that you think others will like, why not head over to our Facebook page and share it with the world.
For more cycling friendly recipes, check out our recipes page at www.cyclinglabs.net/recipes