Starting in Sherfield-On-Loddon, just north of Basingstoke, this gentle ride will take you through a network of quiet lanes and minor ‘B’ roads out to Odiham where there are plenty of opportunities to take some refreshment before returning back to the start via the outskirts of Basingstoke.
Leaving the start point at Sherfield-On-Loddon, you will travel through some nice quiet lanes skirting along Stratfield Saye and then crossing the A33 at Stratfield Turgis. From here the roads become very quiet and rural as you travel towards Dipley and through West Green on to Phoenix Green.
After crossing the A30 at Phoenix Green the roads wend through a network of lanes around Winchfield before the climb up Bagwell Lane and under the A287 in to Odiham. After passing through the village it’s back on to quiet roads for the stretch through Greywell and Up Nately after which there is a small stretch (approx 0.25 miles) on the busy A30 before turning off to ride through Hatch and Old Basing.
After re-crossing the A33 at Chineham there is a short ride through an urban area on the edge of Chineham before travelling along Cufaude Lane for a couple of miles in to Bramley. From Bramley it’s a couple of miles or so again of quiet country lanes before returning to the start at Sherfield on Loddon.
Start Point – Public car park (free) in Sherfield On Loddon (Postcode RG27 0EX)
Distance – 29.4 miles / 47km
Elevation Gain -1177ft / 359m
Places Of Interest:
- West Green House Garden National Trust – at the 8.6 mile point.
- Basingstoke Canal – at the 14.2 mile point (opposite the Waterwitch pub)
- The Vyne National Trust – near the 25 mile point.
- House 28 adjacent to the starting point.
- A multitude of stops in Odiham including Fountains Cafe, The Bel and Dragon, The Waterwich.
- A good selection of local pubs and shops along the route.
- Bramley Bakery just off the route at 25.5 miles.
Local Bicycle Shops –
- PedalOn – 60 Bishopswood Road,Tadley, RG26 4HD.
- Basing Cycles – 22 Winchester Street, Basingstoke, RG21 7DY.
Closest Railway Station(s)
- Bramley – approx 2 miles from start.
- Winchfield – approx 0.6 miles from the 12 mile point.
- Basingstoke – approx 3 miles from the 20 mile point.
Ride with GPS Link – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31223703
GPX file direct download – Click Here
If you liked this route please consider supporting us by buying a tea at www.buymeacoffee.com/cyclinglabs