Starting at Dinton Pastures Country Park this gentle circular route will take you out to Warren Row near to the Berkshire / Oxfordshire border and then back through to the start at Dinton pastures using some very quiet and picturesque country lanes.
Leaving the start point at Dinton Pastures and turning left, the route starts on the slightly busy ‘Davis Street’ and then takes ‘Castle Hill’ in to Hurst. From Hurst the route takes a series of quiet ‘B’ roads and country lanes passing through Waltham St. Lawrence and Milley Bridge before emerging on to the A4 at Hare Hatch.
After crossing the A4 at Hare Hatch it’s back on to the quiet lanes as you skirt the edge of Wargrave and climb the wonderfully named Crazies Hill and on to the mid (and highest) point of the ride at Warren Row. Once you reach the high point it’s a long and easy cruise downhill back to the A4.
After re-crossing the A4 at Knowl Hill it’s a straight two mile ride going gently down hill and passing the edge of White Waltham airfield, and then in to White Waltham Village. After a short stretch on the busier (but no too busy)Waltham Road it’s country lanes again for the last few miles through Beenhams Heath and Shurlock Row. After leaving Shurlock Row you’re in to the last three miles or so, going through the outskirts of Hurst, and back in to the start point at Dinton Pastures.
Start Point – Dinton Pastures Country Park – there is a car park which charges (Postcode RG27 0EX)
Distance – 22.2 miles / 35.7km
Elevation Gain -664ft / 202m
Places Of Interest:
- Dinton Pastures Country Park – at the start / finish.
- White Waltham Aerodrome – at the 14 mile point.
- Dragonfly Cafe at the starting point.
- Velolife cycling cafe in Warren Row – at the 11 mile point.
- A good selection of local pubs and shops along the route.
Local Bicycle Shops –
- Berkshire Cycles -186 Loddon Bridge Road, Woodley, RG5 4BS (approx 2.4 miles from the start)
- Velolife Cafe has a workshop but no retail
Closest Railway Station(s)
- Winnersh – approx o.75 miles from the start.
- Twyford – approx 2.6 miles from the start / 1 mile from the 2.5 mile point.
- Henley-On-Thames – approx 3 miles from the 10 mile point.
Ride with GPS Link – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31296755
GPX file direct download – Click Here